Wednesday, 12 December 2012

To My English Teacher

In my previous study both in junior high or senior high school, my teachers didn’t have any various strategies in teaching English. To be honest, their teaching was just so-so. They made the text book as their teaching aid. The students did the exercise in the book. It happened throughout the semester until I graduated. The teachers even didn’t explain the lesson objectives. As I remember, my teachers used to ask the students to open the page as soon as they entered the classroom. They hardly paid attention on the pronunciation. They used to discus about kind of text such as; narrative, descriptive, and so on. Then, the teachers explained the grammar that related to the text type. After explaining the material, my teacher used to ask the students to answer some questions. The pattern is like this, come to the class - explaining - asking students to answer questions in book - test - the end.

I am now studying English Language Teaching (ELT). I have learnt many teaching strategies. Indeed, there are lots of consideration that you have to be aware as a teacher. They shouldn't just deliver the material. They should monitor students' comprehension, manage classroom, achieve the objective, give some activities that relate to the theory of learning EFL, create positive classroom, and sort of. Then why teacher, why did you hardly use various activity in teaching? Why did you never tell us the lesson objective, why? Telling objective to students is important to make them know what they should do, so they don't feel confuse when they should study this, study that. uh

It's hard indeed to remember what techniques my teacher used. I wonder what did you learn in college. Did you know about meaningful learning? Well, did you aware of your job as a teacher? Uh

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts